I was granted the honor to join the Chick Fil A Mom's for this year, which has been a wonderful opportunity to share with other moms who LOVE Chick Fil A! I have had some wonderful discussions and received some pretty awesome goodies, and now I want to share the #DressUpYourNuggets promotion!
Here's my thought... You've got these incredible little nuggets. Full of flavor and perfect bite size pieces...why not create a crispy flatbread and some sweetness?
In the area of Florida that I used to live in, in Bradenton, we have a restaurant called "Crispers" that serves soups and sandwiches, along with some other goodies. Just about a decade ago (can't believe it's been that long!) Crispers was my first job as a 16 year old kid. My absolute favorite item on the menu was the Hawaiian Flatbread, and I've been trying to recreate it for a really long time since it is no longer on their menu. It wasn't until I tried to make it with these nuggets that it came out perfectly!
What You Need:
- 2 tbsp honey (I always use local honey, it's better for you!)
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of chopped macadamia nuts
- Honey Wheat Flatbread Wrap (can use a wheat flatbread "pizza crust" for thicker crust)
- 8 count of your favorite Chick Fil A Nuggets, crispy or grilled
- shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan to sprinkle on top to your tastes.
1. Start with your flatbread, drizzle the honey over top as the sauce, use a brush or the back of a spoon to spread evenly to cover leaving a small edge to be able to hold the piece without getting sticky!
2. Lay the nuggets on the honey, spacing them evenly.
3. Sprinkle the shredded coconut and macadamia nuts over the chicken.
4. Top it all off with the mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
5. If you have a toaster oven, even better, but a full size oven works just as well. Pop it in the oven at 300 for about 7-10 minutes or until the cheese melts and the crust has a nice golden color.
6. Cut it into pieces and serve
7. If you are sharing, observe the "Oo"s and "Ah"s and "Yum!"s from your friend, and be sure to take a nice bite yourself!
This recipe is delicious, just the right amount of sweet and savory with a crunch. Super simple recipe to follow, and thanks to the nuggets from Chick Fil A, this is easily a lunch that can be made in under 15 minutes, and isn't all that bad for you either!
Thanks Chick Fil A! I'd love to hear your thoughts... Will you try this recipe? What are some recipes you would put together with Chick Fil A? I'd also love it if you would share this post with #DressUpYourNuggets !!
Alyssa Reinbolt - Creator of the Helping Hands group in Bradenton. When the best choice for her family was to relocate to Venice, she left the Bradenton group in capable hands and started a new branch.